Book summary: "Combining cutting-edge neuroscience with the latest discoveries on the human microbiome, a practical guide in the tradition of The Second Brain, and The Good Gut that conclusively demonstrates the inextricable, biological link between mind and the digestive system." (back cover)
My thoughts: Mind-Gut Connection by Emeran Mayer M.D. is an interesting book! The entire premise of the book is how your gut, mind and body are all connected to each other more than most people understand.
Topics covered in the book include:
- Our Body, the intelligent super computer
- Intuition and gut feelings: how the mind-gut-microbiome communication informs our everyday decisions
- How to Optimize Brain-Gut Health
Mind-Gut Connection is written in clear and concise language, not geared towards the medical science professionals. Terms are explained in laymen's terms and concepts are easy to follow, even if the concepts are totally new to the readers. And this book is quite possibly filled with whole new approaches to healthy living that readers might not have heard before now! With an emphasis on how your thoughts can control your gut (and your body), this book presents an approach to health that puts the patient in the driver's seat, not just the doctor or the medicines.
With its emphasis on controlling your thoughts and even analyzing dreams, the conclusions of Dr. Mayer might not be for everyone. However, those who are interested in a whole body approach to many ailments, especially in the gut, will find insightful and intriguing ideas in Mind-Gut Connection by Emeran Mayer M.D.
Rating: 4.5 of 5 stars
- Pages: 320
- Year originally published: 2016
- Author: You can find out more about the author at the author's Website.
- Book Tour: My review is part of a larger collection of reviews. For more information, please visit TLC Book Tours.