Great quote: "The Lord wants us to belong to a Church that knows how to open her arms and welcome everyone, that is not a house for the few, but a house for everyone, where all can be renewed, transformed, sanctified by his love - the strongest and the weakest, sinners, the indifferent, those who feel discouraged and lost." (Page 31)
Book summary: This accessible book gives Catholics and non-Catholics the opportunity to read, study and meditate on the leadership and teachings of this very modern pope. It is a collection of Pope Francis' speeches, homilies and other general addresses that he has given over the years.
The Church of Mercy is divided into the following parts, each organized around a central theme:
- The Good News of Christ
- A Poor Church for the Poor
- Listening to the Spirit
- Proclamation and Testimony
- Full-Time Christians
- Shepherds with the "Odor of the Sheep"
- The Choice of the Last
- Demolishing the Idols
- The Culture of Good
- Mary, Mother of Evangelization
Rating: 5 of 5 stars
- Pages: 150
- Year originally published: 2014
- You might want to know: For more information on this title, please visit Loyola Press.
- Purchase on Amazon: The Church of Mercy by Pope Francis